April 07, 2020 3 min read
We’re made up of a bunch of health-conscious, health-obsessed individuals here at NOOMA, and we all have our own weird health tips and tricks that we swear by. Working at a real-ingredient workout drinks company, it should come as no surprise that a few of those tips include drinks made with real ingredients that provide plenty of benefits for a healthy lifestyle. Here are a few of our favorite mixes that might just trump drinking hot water with lemon.
1. “Shilajit” - Tim, Grassroots Manager + Photographer, June’s Dad + Adaptogen Enthusiast
We call it “tar”. It’s actually called “Shilajit”. Grassroots Manager + Photographer Tim’s go-to morning drink might look like tar, but it’s packed with functional ingredients that will get your body functioning properly. Shilajit’s a high mountain exudate that forms from the decomposition of plants over centuries. It contains more than eighty different minerals, fulvic acid, and humic acid, and embodies anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. It even helps boost the immune system, cognition, and testosterone.
Tim also stirs in YS Eco Bee Farms Active Bee Power Royal Jelly Paste, a honey-like super food substance that the queen bee feeds on, and lemon juice.
• 1 teaspoon authentic Himalayan Shilajit (Tim gets his here on Amazon)
• 1 tablespoon YS Eco Bee Farms Active Bee Power Royal Jelly Paste
• 1 oz lemon juice
• 8 oz hot water
How to Make:
• It’s simple - mix the Shilajit, Royal jelly, and lemon juice into a mug of hot water.
2. “Mental Mix” - Leigh, Marketing Director, Water Bottle Connoisseur
Stay sharp and hydrated with this one. Our Marketing Director Leigh’s “Mental Mix” combines sparkling water, organic lemon juice, and the powerhouse ingredient rosemary extract. Rosemary extract has been used for centuries around the world because of its numerous therapeutic properties. There are really too many to list, so we’ll keep it short and sweet. Leigh loves it for these top three:
1. Enhances mood, memory, and concentration
2. High in antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant compounds
3. Promotes digestion and healthy balance of gut bacteria
• 32 oz cup (Leigh’s go-to is a mason jar)
• Sparkling Water (or still water, whichever you prefer)
• 20-30 drops of rosemary extract (Leigh uses Herb Pharm Certified Organic Rosemary Liquid Extract, found for $14 here on Amazon)
• Lemon juice to taste
How to Make:
• Fill jar up with ice and sparkling water.
• Add 20-30 drops of rosemary extract (depends on how strong you want the rosemary flavor to be).
• Stir in lemon juice, and enjoy!
3. “Hippie Coffee” Trevor, Warehouse Manager, Future WWE Wrestler
Our Warehouse Manager Trevor starts every day with his “Hippie Coffee” concoction, which blends Bulletproof® XCT oil, collagen peptides, and ghee butter into a fresh cup of French press coffee. Bulletproof’s XCT oil is derived from 100% pure coconut oil and is packed with the ketogenic MCTs you need for a boost of energy and brain power in the morning. With collagen peptides for healthy joint and bone support, and ghee butter for improved gut health and biochemistry, this “Hippie Coffee” will get you going and feeling your best.
• Cup of coffee (Trevor uses his French press, but any coffee will do!)
• 1 teaspoon of Bulletproof® XCT oil (start with 1 teaspoon, but can gradually work up to 1 tablespoon)
• 1-2 scoops collagen peptides (Trevor uses Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides)
• 1-2 teaspoons of ghee (it depends on how buttery you want it… Trevor uses 4th and Heart Ghee Butter but another team favorite is Organic Valley Clarified Ghee)
How to Make:
• Mix the ingredients in a cup of hot coffee - hot works best so that the collagen peptides, ghee, and XCT oil all blend together!
June 19, 2021 2 min read
June 11, 2021 2 min read
May 28, 2021 2 min read